1.5.12

chicken, pear, and pepper salad

I love roasted chicken. Making it is easy and leftovers can be used in so many different ways. But sometimes, I just buy a ready-made roasted chicken to use in healthy recipes. It is a great shortcut in salads and soups.

And this salad recipe is really pretty. I believe that you eat with your eyes first so if you make something look nice, the more you will want to eat it. This is really colorful and you just want to gobble it up. Plus, it is really good for you too.

Sometimes, I am leery of posting recipes for salads because salads are so easy, right? But I feel like sometimes I get stuck in a salad rut and I love seeing new combinations. I always find myself thinking, "why didn't I think of that?" Hopefully, this will inspire you. And let me know if you try any variations. Feel free to sub out the pear for apple or the almonds for whatever nut or seed you have on hand.

CHICKEN, PEAR, AND PEPPER SALAD
serves 2

leftover roasted chicken, wrapped in foil and re-warmed at 350ยบ F
2 large handfuls of spinach and arugula
2 pears, sliced paper thin
6 small sweet peppers, slivered
1/4 c. chopped almonds, toasted
1 shallot, minced
6 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
1/4 c. grapeseed oil

Combine chicken, spinach, arugula, peppers, and almonds in a large bowl. Whisk shallot, vinegar, mustard, and oil together in a small bowl. Add to salad and toss. Serve immediately. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.