21.8.12

cod with a tangy butter sauce

The Hubs is not a fan of fish so when he won't be home for dinner, I like to have a healthy fish meal. While I do enjoy salmon, I have also become very fond of white, milder fish that carry whatever flavor you give them. I love cod for its flaky, dense texture.

When the Hubs had an away lacrosse game a few Mondays ago, I took dinner alone as an opportunity to visit a new local fish market after work. It has a clever name, 1 Fish 2 Fish, reminding me of one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books. When I walked in, I immediately knew I was going to get something. Everything looked good but, more than that, the market didn't smell fishy. I chose a beautiful piece of cod and I knew whatever I did with it would be simple but delicious.

I love serving fish with grilled asparagus. I like being able to use the spears to wipe up any extra sauce. Although cod is one of my favorites, you can use this sauce with any mild fish.
COD WITH A TANGY BUTTER SAUCE
serves 2

2 pieces of cod, enough for two people
1 Tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Heat oil in pan. Salt and pepper cod. Add fillets and cook until cooked through. Remove from pan and place on plate.

Melt butter in pan. Add lemon juice to deglaze pan, scraping up any bits. Add Worcestershire sauce. Pour sauce over cod. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That fish looks amazing! I love cod and really any white fish out there is ok with me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love how simple and lovely this looks!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.